Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ben & Jerry's Limited Batch: Pumpkin Cheesecake!

When you see a Ben & Jerry's Limited Batch, and you are a member of the elite Fatguyfoodblog Crew, you have to buy it. Plain and simple. There's no question in your mind. How can you tell that's true? Well we did review that Cotton Candy one a while back, remember?  So they aren't always flavors we are super excited about. I think this one ends up in that category. When I grabbed a pint at the store I think I even said, "Ehhhh okay fine." and tossed it in my basket. Do I like pumpkin cheesecake? Sure, I suppose I'd have a slice. It wouldn't be my first or second dessert choice, but I'd give it a go. So did this limited batch from our old friend Ben and Jerry surprise us or what?
Let's find out. Ladies & Gent's I give you...
BEN & JERRY'S PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM! 


That cow doesn't seem too sure about this...

Well the first thing you do when you're reviewing any food item is give it a good sniff.  So despite Mike having no interest whatsoever in trying this ice cream, I at least caught him to see what he thought of the aroma.

We're way too close here. 
We both agreed that it did indeed have a Pumpkin spice aroma. So far so good. But most pumpkin flavored items end up boasting a big pumpkin flavor, but once you get into it you're really just getting a bunch of fall spices together that make your brain think is pumpkin. Brown sugar, nutmeg,...etc.

Looks like the surface of a far off world. 


It didn't look like anything special right off the bat. But the pint let us know it was Pumpkin cheesecake flavored ice cream with graham cracker swirl, I guess I don't know what I would expect that to look like? Orange maybe? No, that would be terrible. But I'll tell you what? This ice cream? EXCELLENT.  It tastes exactly like what you would think pumpkin cheesecake should taste like. And that graham cracker swirl? Out of this world. Like many Ben & Jerry's flavors that have a swirl in them, I found myself mining the pint, following those swirls like a prospector following a vein of gold in the hills of Deadwood back in 1876.  It's that good.




I would say if you're a fan of pumpkin flavored things, and you enjoy cheesecake, that you'll flat out love this ice cream.  They nailed the flavor 100%, Ben, Jerry, if you're reading this, high five each other, because boys, you hit this one out of the park. It's a great flavor that I will definitely get again before it's gone. The only complain I would have with it is that I found myself wanting more graham cracker swirl, and I kind of wish the swirl had been slightly darker,  because it looks so similar to the color of the ice cream that it was hard to tell sometimes until you tasted it. But that's just nit-picking. This stuff is a great addition to your autumn snacking. Go grab a pint today!

I give Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice cream a B+

As always, feel free to drop us a line if you think of an item you'd like us to review or a restaurant you think we should visit! Or to just say hello, or tell us how awesome and funny you think we are. You can reach us via email at: fatguyfoodblog@gmail.com , on the twitter at twitter.com/fatguyfoodblog OR you can even like our Facebook page for more FGFB fun at facebook.com/fatguyfoodblog.

Review by Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment