Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dunkin' Donuts Blueberry Waffle Breakfast Sandwich!

One morning recently when I stopped to grab an iced coffee I saw an ad for this...

The Dunkin' Donuts Blueberry Waffle Breakfast Sandwich. Immediately my interest is peaked. A breakfast sandwich with waffles for bread eh? I'm listening. You say they aren't just plain waffles? They are blueberry? Whats that? The sausage isn't just regular sausage? It's maple flavored? How can this be bad?
But I didn't get one that day. Why? This is why...


The Dunkin' Donuts BIG N' TOASTY. This monstrosity was their sandwich of the month a while back. Everything about it LOOKS like it would be a fine way to start your day, but my friend, your eyes deceive you. Everyone I have talked to that had it, said the same thing. It was a butter sandwich. It might as well have been this...

It tasted like there were two sticks of butter melted down in each sandwich. Horrible. Even for fat guys, who love buttery bread. This was too much. I'm feeling a gag coming on just thinking of it. I would rather eat a handful of maggots off of a week old roadkill then eat another Big N' Toasty. Mull that one over in your brain.

So you can understand why I didn't take the bait right away. But the next time I stopped, I did. Here's what it really looked like...

It's a smooshed up greasy sandwich wrapped up in paper. It only had to travel about three minutes before I tore into it, so you can't blame how ugly it is on a long ride in the bag. It just isn't going to look as pretty as in the promo shot. You have to expect that. So how was it?


It's pretty good. It's greasy as hell from the sausage. But the sweetness of the blueberry waffles and the maple in the sausage contrast nicely with the cheese and egg. It's not anything world changing, but it's worth trying the next time you fly through the D&D drive up window.


The blueberry taste stands out nicely. It's a strong, sweet flavor, rather than an aftertaste that you can't quite put your finger on. The egg is kind of a tasteless mass, but it does it's job being that familiar egg texture that you just NEED to have in a breakfast sandwich.

All in all I'd say this is a great improvement over the Big N' Toasty. Although I think a rock hard bagel that fell on the floor and was fished out from under the counter with a dirty mop would have been an improvement over that. But it's actually tasty. Pick one of instead of a flat bread sandwich, because let's face it. We're fooling ourselves. Those aren't really that good at all.

I give this a solid B.
For BITCHIN.

Review by Rich

1 comment:

  1. I counter this review by saying that it was in fact, much too greasy to receive a B rating from you. the blueberries were nice but they were swallowed by the grease shaped waffles the sandwich was held together by. I counter your review with a C, for Cardiac Arrest.
    -josh

    ReplyDelete