Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kellog's Jif Peanut Butter Cereal!

If you've ever read a post here on Fatguyfoodblog, chances are you know that if there's one thing we love, it's peanut butter. We never stop running our mouths about whatever new snack has a peanut butter version, from Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Oreo's to Any new Ben & Jerry's that has a peanut butter swirl in it. Well when I heard that Kellogs was releasing a JIF cereal I practically sprinted out of my house and down the street like Forest Gump. 

That being said, when I got to the store they didn't have them. Nor did they have them in any other store in our area, until finally one day I got lucky. So here's our review of the new Jif Peanut Butter Cereal! 


First thing I noticed when I cracked that box open is the peanut buttery aroma that wafted out. Alright, Jif cereal, you've got my attention. The cereal pieces themselves are a little square with the center cut out. Nothing too special there. Of course I popped a few in my mouth to see how they were dry. Was I blown away? Not really. My first thought is that they kind of taste like the non-marshmallow pieces in Lucky Charms, but covered in a sweet powdery peanut butter flavor. Tasty, but nothing to write home about.


So I poured a bowl so big that would even make the Rock's eyes go wide on his epic cheat day, and added a healthy portion of milk. Now here is where Jif cereal really shines. When the milk and cereal meet, it really brings out the peanut butter flavor in the cereal. I like to think that powder coating on the cereal pieces mixes with the milk to make it seem almost like some of the cereal has actual peanut butter on it. Needless to say, I took down this giant bowl with great ease. For a few moments my legendary hunger for all things peanut butter was calmed. But when that time was up, I took a stroll to the kitchen for another bowl. Yep, it's that good.



In the end I would have to say if you're a peanut butter lover, there's no reason you shouldn't be running out to score a box of Jif cereal. It's decent to eat as a snack, dry, but man, when you add the milk it skyrockets to the front of the pack of peanut butter cereals. Is it as good as Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch? Reeses Puffs? I'm not sure where it lies in the list of peanut butter cereals because I didn't have them all on hand to try. I realize now that I have failed you as a food blogger as far as this goes. BUT, I'm still telling you this is a delicious peanut buttery cereal that you should probably jam your mouth full of, as soon as possible.
I give Jif Peanut Butter Cereal a solid A!

As always, if you would like to drop us a line about a product or restaurant you think we should review you can reach us by email at fatguyfoodblog@gmail.com . You can also follow us on Twitter for mini reviews and on location live tweeted restaurant reviews at twitter.com/fatguyfoodblog . THEN, if you really want to get connected to us, you can give our Facebook page a LIKE at facebook.com/fatguyfoodblog where we post fun things and let you know about new reviews. Do it. DO IT.

Review by Rich!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank's for your information and i like this

    ReplyDelete