Monday, June 6, 2016

Building an empire, brick by sweet brick: Sweet Bricks Handcrafted Toffee

Oh Sweet Bricks, it's been a while. Over 4 years, and 180 posts to be more exact. The last review we did for them, I came out frothing at the mouth, begging, no, pleading to the gods for more toffee. FGFB knew back then, that Sweet Bricks would change the toffeesphere as you knew it. After 4 years, did they? Could they possibly have accelerated past what was near confectionery perfection? Let's find out!




 Just like last time, Sweet Bricks kicked a galactic field goal with presentation. With this much care dedicated to actual packaging, I couldn't imagine what they did with the actual candy. The care package contained 4 different kinds of toffee for your man on the scene to try. I'll go through these one by one, and you can take the taste journey like you're right here with me.



First up: Blueberry Muffin Toffee


Opening the first bag, launched a thick, creamy sweetness into the air. As one tends to do, I quickly jammed my face into the bag to take in the sweet candy scent, and almost passed out it was too intoxicating. I think the same thing might be said about this toffee flavor, too much toffee. As a man who's not super into toffee, this might be the flavor that a toffee lover would toss and turn and nocturnal emish about all night. This guy, however, likes his toffee hidden underneath layers of other fantastic candies. Don't let my past few sentences fool you, this is absolutely stellar. The creamy toffeeness delivers a sweet wave in which the blueberry flashes you the peace sign as it surfs into your mouth.

UP NEXT: Coconut Cream Pie Toffee



 If someone walked up to you, and said "Hey man, I really want a coconut cream pie, you have any laying around?" Walk them over to your computer and print them out directions to 917 E Street San Diego, CA 92101 because this is the only place you'll ever want to get coconut cream anything for the rest of your days. Another creamy toffee mixed with what you would swear was real pie crust, and then put coconut and those annoying, but oh so delicious coconut shavings on top, and there you go. Better than any coconut cream pie I'ver ever had, this toffee. WORLD CLASS.

Rounding 3rd: Rocky Road Toffee 




 If you're a caramel person, after you've had these, grab a body bag and climb right in. This toffee is crafted so you don't have to think about how you eat it, you just do, the candy does all of the work for you. The sweet sugary toffee quickly dissolves and creates a caramel blanket that wraps your mouth in a sweet comforting glaze. The only thing I could possibly say was negative about this, is that's its too sweet. I'm sitting here just wishing I could get up from this review and brush my teeth. But, as a dedicated blogging servant, I'll push past it, and move on.

Last, and most definitely not least: Peanut Butter Smores Toffee




I'm going to be honest right now. I 100% think this may be my favorite candy I've ever had in my life. Judging by my giant melty snowman appearance, that's quite the proclamation. I've actually been sitting here and thinking of ways that I could explain how GOD DAMNED GOOD this is, but I'm not so sure language has progressed far enough to convey this level of elation.
Think of it this way. Remember when someone you knew, sitting around a camp fire, looked you dead in the eye, and pulled out a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups? They held your gaze, unwrapped a cup from it's packaging, and slid it between two graham crackers and a melting marshmallow. When they handed it to you, and you were unsure just how this was going to be, but knew it'd be delicious. And that second where your brain finally processed what it was you just bit into. THAT. That right there, that on-the-verge-of-insanity good. There's so much peanut butter in this, you forget it's actually toffee. The small marshmallow bits creating a little breathing space in between the peanut butter and crunchy graham cracker. I've got to hand it to Sweet Bricks, I'm sitting here in awe.


    Thank you Sweet Bricks, for bringing so much joy to my life. I don't understand how you do it, but everything your toffee covered fingers touch is just mind bendingly good. These aren't even the cannabis infused candy they just started offering for CA residents. If only cannabis laws in the US weren't so ridiculously behind the times. (especially in NH). You have a candy partner for life, a lover to cling to your back and whisper sweet encouragements on a daily basis while you feed us the sweet fruit that falls from your candy limbs.


Blueberry Muffin Toffee: B+Coconut Cream Pie Toffee: A
 Rocky Road Toffee: A
Peanut Butter Smores Toffee: There's no grade applicable here, this toffee defies logic with how insanely good this is.

you can check out Sweet Bricks over at http://sweetbricks.com/



Review by Josh, who currently draws pictures of aliens and the devil.
http://joshuaandrewbelanger.com / http://grimnorth.com

Yo! Wanna get at your favorite Food Blog Fat Guys? Want us to review your stuff? Have some ideas for reviews? Want to be the one to tell us about the newest kind of Oreos/chips/ice cream/Fast food thingy? Want to send us pictures of your dog?

Well, here's how you can reach us:
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM
EMAIL

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, I haven't even heard of this company before but their selection looks amazing, I'll definitely be trying it out now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. make sure to tell them you heard about them here! They consistently up their candy game, get some of that peanut butter s'more toffee!

      Delete