Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Feel the burn! Poppin' Jalapeno Doritos!

What's your favorite flavor of Dorito? Everyone has one. Some people like to rock the Cool Ranch. Others keep it simple and roll with the original, Nacho Cheese. Over the years Doritos have added a bunch of other flavors to their stable. Some as permanent fixtures, like Spicy Sweet Chili, and Spicy Nacho, and others as special limited time offers, like Black Pepper Jack and Pizza Supreme.  Doritos have remained one of the biggest selling snack chips year after year by keeping the classics around, but also trying out something new quite often. Well, that and they usually have ridiculous over the top commercials.  


Well before our boy Mike rode off into the sunset and left the world of food blogging behind, he instilled in me a strong love for Spicy Nacho Doritos. I stand firm that those are my favorite. But that belief has since been shaken. By new Poppin' Jalapeno Doritos. Yup. Right out the gate I'm letting you know that they are that damn good.


With Spicy Nacho, I love that you still get your intense Dorito cheese flavor, but along with it you get a slow burn that steadily builds the more you eat. After a while your tongue is on fire, but it's a flavorful fire that you've earned through ripping through half a bag of chips. Well Poppin' Jalapeno are exactly the same, except with an added jalapeno pepper flavor, and just a little bit more of a burn.


So yeah, these are basically jalapeno popper Dortitos. Cheesy, pepper flavors and a nice burn. I also noticed that there were more chips in this bag that seemed to be heavily blasted with the flavor dust than usual. If you're like me, whenever I'm eating a Dorito, no matter what the flavor, I always like getting the ones that seem to have extra Dorito dust. They are the diamonds in the rough. You spy one down in the bag and your fingers descend into the darkness like the robotic arm on an aquatic sub trying to carefully collect a sample from the ocean floor. And when you raise it up and the Dorito is caked with flavor, you smile, because you know it's going to be awesome.  There were a ton of those in this one small bag that I had! By the time I polished it off I had a solid mouth burn going. You know, the good kind!


Poppin' Jalapeno Doritos are great. If you're into a solid tongue burn and a heavy amount of cheesy pepper flavor, you will dig these. I have yet to see a big bag of these so I'm going to go ahead and say they don't exist. I could be wrong! If I am, drop some comment knowledge on me. But then drop everything else and go get a bag of these. Heck, get ten. Buy the store out of their stock, because once these are gone, they are gone...well...unless Doritos decides to add them to the regular rotation. Which I heavily endorse. Poppin' Jalapeno Doritos get an A+, the highest FGFB rating! BOOM!



Wanna know where to find the FATGUYFOODBLOG Crew online? Wanna write to us to tell us we suck? That we're gods among men? Do you want us to review your product? Here's how you can get ahold of us:
EMAIL: fatguyfoodblog@gmail.com
FACEBOOK: facebook.com/fatguyfoodblog
TWITTER: twitter.com/fatguyfoodblog
INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/fatguyfoodblog

Review by Rich Brunelle, who currently resides in Seattle where he stalks the streets in search of Phoenix Jones, in hopes of becoming his superhero sidekick.

1 comment:

  1. I bought a big bag at walmart in hooksett nh and ate them with cream cheese dip. I haven't seen another bag since though. Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete